"Love each other as I have loved you."

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Set Me Free


It hasn't always been this way

I remember brighter days

Before the dark ones came

Stole my mind

Wrapped my soul in chains...


Now I live among the dead

Fighting voices in my head

Hoping someone hears me crying in the night

And carries me away...


Set me free, of the chains holding me

Is anybody out there, hearing me?


Set me free...


Morning breaks another day

Finds me crying in the rain

All alone with my demons I am

Who is this man that comes my way?

The dark ones shriek

They scream His name

Is this the One they say will set the captives free?


Jesus, rescue me


As the God man passes by

He looks straight through my eyes

And darkness cannot hide...


"Do you want to be free?

Lift your chains, I hold the key

All power on Heav'n and Earth belong to me!"


"You are free

You are free

You are free..."


~Written by Mark Hall of Casting Crowns

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so mad I can't find the remote.